Realscreen has launched the DIALOG Mentorship Program, designed to align mid-level BIPOC execs with senior-level mentors who will work with the mentees to guide them in gaining access to opportunities and advancing their careers.
Each year, 10 executives who have applied through the Realscreen DIALOG submission portal will be selected by an advisory board to participate in the mentorship program. They will be matched (as closely as possible) with one of 10 senior-level unscripted or non-fiction content executives who have volunteered their time to the Program.
Who can apply?
An eligible applicant to this program must meet all of the following minimum eligibility criteria:
- Be self-declared as Black, Indigenous or Person of Color (BIPOC);
- Be currently employed at a Manager level (or equivalent) or higher at an established media production, broadcast or digital media company;
- Have a minimum of three (3) screen credits or commensurate experience within the unscripted entertainment community;
- Applicants must be able to present a detailed plan of their goals and aspirations in the industry. All goals must be directly related to the unscripted or non-fiction genre.
- Maximum two-page resume outlining professional background and most recent production credits.
- One-page statement describing in detail the goal you wish to accomplish. Examples may include your desire to start your own production company, explaining the type of programming you want to create, or a career transition you are hoping to achieve, and the steps you are taking to transition into this new role.
- One-page statement indicating why you would benefit from the program.
- Two career references including contact information (phone, email), should the selection committee wish to seek more information about the candidate's work, as well as the candidate's ability to achieve their goals in this program.
- Individualized pairings with mentors expertly positioned to provide bespoke actionable feedback on plans and objectives. A minimum of two hours of mentoring per month between May 1, 2021 - April 30, 2022; to be determined on access and availability of mentor and mentee;
- Mentorship as a cohort via four virtual educational workshops between May 1, 2021 - April 30, 2022 (facilitated by Realscreen). Subjects to include such topics as pitching, dealmaking, budgeting, negotiating and financing;
- A meet and greet opportunity for participants with mentors at Realscreen West and Realscreen Summit (in-person or virtually);
- Complimentary access to all Realscreen events, including networking opportunities (virtual or live), for one year (minimum of two events: Realscreen West and Realscreen Summit;
- Travel stipend of US$500 per person per Realscreen event, where a live event takes place (total stipend may be inclusive of the cost of hotel accommodations at the host hotel - maximum travel stipend for program participants is US$1,000).
Deadline for entries is March 26, 2021 at 11:59pm EST.